July 01, 2007

raising vibes game: thinking positive

this is a game from optimistlab that consists of sharing 5 tips to "raise vibes" then to tag 5 bloggers & let them do the same, full rules here.

to be able to participate I needed someone to tag me, I asked misssy m from the misssy m misssives & she kindly accepted, in fact I heard of this game from a post of hers.

well, I really think I'm not the best placed guy to teach people how to be positive, because I my self I'm negative in my thinking; trying to improve though & maybe this post would first help me to think more positively, to change the world, one needs to start with one's self no? then if the five tips I hardly collected can help even a single person, that really would be the top!

ok, let's start, my 5 tips to fight negative thoughts, or let's say to fight bad moods, but you're warned! I'm pretty sure this is not what you're expecting!

1. take a shower! at once you'll feel better. as many things, taking a shower is a boring task to me, but once taken, I always feel fresh in my body but especially in my mind.

2. never say: "if X was done differently, Y would have been better", if it's to learn from your mistakes why not? but if it's just to blame your self or others, better to leave it; 1st no one knows what would have happened, & second no one could turn back to the past to change things, maybe the things that you think bad have saved you from worse life eventualities?

3. this one is a bit serious: if sometimes you look at people in better situations than you & feel underprivileged, try to look at people in worse situations too, there's a saying I know, it's something like: "seeing others worries, makes you forget yours", when I remember children in some parts of the world are dying for stupid reasons such as the lack of water, food or medicines or in wars, I feel idiot being depressed because of internet connection broken ...

4. think of this: we are all winners coz we won the first contest we entered ever & the most important ever, the contest of getting to life! how many spermatozoons were competing & ours got to the highly desired ovum? millions!! damn we're lucky!! (though, for those who are so depressed that they'd preferred they would never existed, this fact would mean the contrary ...).

5. listen to the song "don't worry, be happy" by bobby mcferrin, it's not my favorite & honestly rarely play it, but I seriously think it has something magic, let's finish with its lyrics:

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy.
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy.
Don't worry, be happy now.

(Chorus)
Don't worry, be happy. Don't worry, be happy.
Don't worry, be happy. Don't worry, be happy.

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy.
The landlord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy.

(Chorus)
(Look at me -- I'm happy. Don't worry, be happy.
Here I give you my phone number. When you worry, call me,
I make you happy. Don't worry, be happy.)

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no gal to make you smile
Don't worry, be happy.
'Cause when you worry your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
Don't worry, be happy.

(Chorus)
(Don't worry, don't worry, don't do it.
Be happy. Put a smile on your face.
Don't bring everybody down.
Don't worry. It will soon pass, whatever it is.
Don't worry, be happy.
I'm not worried, I'm happy...)
now I need to tag 5 bloggers ... will start doing that within few hours ...

3 comments:

Misssy M said...

Tagged and bagged! Check out Bobby McFerrin falling down the stairs in Family Guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoT6V_pIUA0

Mumu said...

Thanks very much Misssy!

Nice vid BtW :)

Unknown said...

Hey there!

Thanks for playing the High Vibes Game!

Just want to let you and your readers know that anyone can play the game--the more the merrier!

I'm more than happy to tag anyone, just check out the "Wanna play but didn't get tagged" section of the instructions. I'll even make sure you get a post submitted to the "high Vibe it" site, as everyone who gets tagged is supposed to.

Though I'm glad you took the initiative, thrilled to have you along for the game :)

Can't wait to see who you tag, and which posts from those bloggers you choose to submit to "high Vibe it"!

Thanks again!
Cardin Lilly
OptimistLab.com